The Oberon and District Museum was established in 1989. It holds an interesting and varied collection of artefacts and memorabilia, including a 3D model of the township as it was in the 1930s. It has a blacksmith’s shed, an array of old farming equipment and a very old, Oberon weatherboard cottage (circa 1887) with furniture filled rooms depicting how life was lived in those early years. There is also a huge array of photos, as well as an extensive collection of local family history.
Entry fee is $5 per person or $12 per family.
Opening hours are 10.30am – 4.00pm every Sunday and 10.00am to 2.00pm on the first Saturday of each month.
Other times by appointment.
Address: Corner of Lowes Mount Road and Scotia Ave: entry via Scotia Avenue
Contact: Phone the Secretary on 0418 671 754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org